Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Plasma Speedo's 21 Ways to Play: "6. Stamp Some Metallic Polish on the Dark"

So yesterday I made some really bad choices.  I washed my car.  By hand.  My hands.  And I Armor-All'd everything.  And I also made a turkey dinner with all the fixin's, which of course means a lot of cleaning up along the way.  Which all equals wear and tear on the tips of my dark mani.  :-(  So I had to touch up the tips a bit before stamping.

This was my first real stamping foray, and after a few false starts, I got the hang of it!  This was really easy and fun!  The hardest part was finding a metallic polish that would show up against the black.  Take a look:

I LOVE how the flowers came out.  Check out the Lacquerologist's Springy Flowers Mani, which was my inspiration!  I used a lavender Wet n Wild metallic, and a Sally Hansen's Raspberry Chrome polish for the stamping, and they stamped very well and look really cool!  The best part is that they looked good messy-style.  I was super-excited about how it came out.  Then I tried adding silver butterflies with Pure Ice "Silver Mercedes".  But some butterflies came out better than others, and at the end of the day, I think I should have left well enough alone.  Well, live and learn!  

I'm still happy with this design, and will try something like this again.  Stamping is fun!  Thanks to Plasma Speedo for inspiring me to try different nail stuff with her Plasma's 21 Ways to Play!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty stamping. I keep telling myself I should practice my stamping, but I never do. Lol!

    ReplyDelete