Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Plasma Plays in 21 Ways: "8. Get Your Stripe On"

I was apprehensive for this mani.  Plasma Speedo's "Plasma Plays in 21 Ways" says I need to do a stripe mani for #8.   I have several bottles of "stripers", but I haven't used them for a bona fide design...just outlines under a french mani tip. 

So I searched You Tube for inspiration, and saw THIS VIDEO.  So here is my attempt at weaving lines:
Yeah, nothing like the video, and totally sloppy, but I'm happy with it!  They look much better in person at arms' length ;-).  But I'm proud that I tried it, and I know I just need practice to get better.  I really dig the colors too! 

The red nails are a not-named polish from "Love and Beauty" and a black Milani art striper.  The accent nails are Pure Ice "Silver Mercedes" topped with "Toro" from Red Carpet Lacquer.  I also added a coat of Dollish Polish "Putting on the Ritzzz", cuz it needed just a little more black glitter than "Toro" had.  All in all, I think I'm keeping this one around a while!

1 comment: