Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Mani!

This weekend is for remembering.  For remembering that there were men and women who gave their lives to fight for our country.  For remembering that there are families whose loved one never came home to them...there are children who will grow up without their mom or dad, and wives and husbands who are now widows and widowers.  Those men and women are the reason why we can still enjoy the freedoms we do. 

So, while we enjoy our holiday weekend, and spend time with our loved ones, please do not forget why we are celebrating...
I got my Pretty & Polished's "Freedom Calling" just in time for my manicure!  It's freakin' awesome.  This is 2 coats of "Freedom Calling" over Zoya "Diana" (red) and China Glaze "First Mate" (blue) and "White on White".  I LOVE how this came out, and I'm super-proud of my USA flags!

 I painted them red first, then used a white striper before making a blue square and dotting white stars in.  BTW, I must say that Zoya is freakin' awesomely perfect polish that went on flawlessly in 2 coats..practically painted itself on!  "First Mate" was no slouch either, and had full coverage in just 1 coat! 

I'm spending my Memorial Day weekend golfing.  And I thank my service men and women for my ability to do so.

THANK YOU!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is an amazing mani. :) You did a wonderful job on the flags and I love how the glitter looks like fireworks ... but maybe that's just me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loves! Im going to try the flag for the 4th :)

    http://datyorkloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete