Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Mani Worthy of Lacquistry "Oh, Yes I Did!"

So, of course, as soon as I get the chance, I wanted to bust out my Lacquistry!  I hadn't yet worn my "Oh, Yes I Did!", so it seemed like the perfect choice.  It's a lovely BROWN glitter with larger holo hexes that glint turquoise and green in the light.  It's absolutely stunning!

I wanted polish job which would do this gorgeous glitter justice, so I figured a water marble would be just the thing.  Here's my first try:

Hmmm.  Close, but no cigar.  The blue is China Glaze "First Mate" and is too....blue.  It doesn't pick up the aqua-ish glitter in the OYID.  So, I took it off.  Yup, I removed my hard-earned water marble, and decided to go darker & use a blue that matched better:


SCORE!!!  I used China Glaze "Shower Together", Ulta "Chocolate" and OPI "Studs & Stilettos".  I think it's gorgeous, and perfectly matches OYID.  I love it! 

I've had this mani on for going on 5 days now, and I never get tired of admiring it ;-)  But it's growing out, so I need to think of my next creation....

2 comments:

  1. OMG I cant believe you just shared this blog on my page SassyNails! Girl you have AMAZING designs!!!!

    You now have a new follower for sure. =)

    http://datyorkloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete