Saturday, March 31, 2012

Recruits!

So my 7-year old son likes to "help" me with my polish.  He picks colors, drips polish into the water for marbling, and reviews new nail art designs on You-Tube with me.  He's expressed several times about how unfair it is that boys cannot wear nail polish.  I made some non-committal response, and he would continue to help without further comment.

Well, he finally broke down and asked if I would paint his nails too.  Sure, why not?  He picked the colors & the design.  When he saw that I held a polish bottle for my pics, he wanted to also...I love my little guy!

And my friend Deanna came over, so of course I had to show her my polish stuff, and she just had to try out my nail stamping...
Before she left, she placed an online order for a basic Konad set :-)

Anyway, I decided to try the sponging technique and was going for a peacock-y theme.  Whaddaya think?
I need lots of practice with the sponging.  In real life, it's more purple, and it has flakies in it, so it's purtier.  I'm not excited about it, though, so I predict this mani will not last long on the nails.

And finally, here's some nail mail I got yesterday:
I got my Essie "Barefoot in Blue" from TOMS in honor of their One Day Without Shoes campaign!  It's a gorgeous pale purpley blue.  It reminded me quite a bit of one of my favorite China Glaze shades, "Secret Peri-Wink-le", so I got it out for a little side-by-side comparison.  Hmmmm. 

Lovely glitter polishes from KB Shimmer.  I found yet another awesome Etsy indie seller!  And I got super-smelly (in a good way!) handmade soap from her too!  Check it out: KB Shimmer's Etsy Shop

And this is my China Glaze haul from Sally's online $3 sale.

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment